Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing #13 Wikis

I must admit that wikis are my favorite thing so far. Quick to set up, easy to use, and an awesome way to collaborate.

I looked at the wiki for the Bull Run Regional Library, since I used to work in Prince William County and have friends who still work there. I liked the fact that they provided information about other libraries in the Northern VA area, recognizing that their customers may have cards in more than one system. From there I discovered Jen Robinson's blog about YA literature and have bookmarked that for future reference.

I already had the library success wiki bookmarked and have used it before. I also remember seeing the Biz Wiki at Ohio University and liking their tutorial for business reference sources.

The Library Instruction Wiki is my new favorite beacuse there are lots of good items ther and I don't believe in reinventing the wheel.

I think there are limitless uses for wikis in libraries. They work for staff communcating with each other, and I love the idea of customers communicating with each other and developing booklists, DVD lists, etc. together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home