Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing #23 YouTube

I like many things about YouTube. In addition to their easy links to favorites, highest rated, etc., you can quickly pull up your history of videos recently viewed. This was helpful while I was comparing and deciding which video(s) to post to my blog. I chose two UNC basketball videos, as it's that time of year. I also chose a Jamie Cullum video in hopes that you, Cindy, would take a few minutes to relax. Ha!

I did notice that video submitters can block the embedded code to keep others from posting. This is great for them, but was frustrating for me as the best video of Danny Green doing his pre game lucky dance was blocked. My other problem was that for some reason I could label my videos but the part of the box to type the comments in had that annoying little box with the x.

I see a variety of ways to use this in libraryland. Videos contest for teens, video tours of the library, clips from library programs to show people how fun they are, or training videos produced by library staff for customers.

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2008 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Diane Wetterlin said...

Almost done! I've enjoyed your blog!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home