Friday, February 29, 2008

Thing #30 Review Time




I would say that overall this has been a great experience for me. I do feel a sense of accomplishment and am proud of my new skills. I just wish I would have had more time to dwell on some of the lessons. I've always got work on my desk and sometimes I just need to go away from my office to a live training to be able to focus and get the full effect of new things. I'd love to have more in depth training provided live, like how to "pimp my blog" or "maximize my images." Or wait, maybe how to deal with techno stress!
I was surprised by how many options of each new "thing" were available. I can't imagine having enough hours in the day to explore everything and feel like it's all out there just waiting to be discovered - but there is constantly more being created.
I've often thought that I wish my buddy Mic were still here, because she would have loved this and would have created so many things that would have made me laugh!
Thank goodness we have someone out there like Cindy who is wading through things for us and bringing us the best of the best.
I would definitely do this again. I'll try to pace myself better next time!

4 Comments:

At February 29, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Diane Wetterlin said...

Fini! Congratulations! I think your blog was just fine!

 
At February 29, 2008 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Cindy Hart said...

Congrats! You completed 30 things, collaborated wtih peers and evolved as a lifelong learner.

 
At March 1, 2008 at 7:58 AM , Blogger d_speller_ jr said...

I like the colors that you used on your blog! I will share the fun time that I had using the image generator with others.

 
At August 1, 2008 at 5:33 AM , Blogger schammond said...

This is very heartening, I hope I make it through them all too. I especially like the idea of a session on pimp my blog! I could certainly do with that!

I hope you don’t mind me posting this request directly to your blog, but I am very interested in what you are achieving in your work as a public librarian. My name is Sarah Hammond and I am conducting some research in fulfilment of my MA in Librarianship at the University of Sheffield. I am interested in how public libraries and librarians feel about the use of so-called social networking websites and software as a tool for the library and its various
functions.

I am interested in obtaining the views of as many public librarians who can
spare a few moments to complete this survey but if you do not wish to but think
one of your colleagues might, then please forward it on to them.

Could I ask you to please spare a few minutes to whizz through my survey that can be found here?:

Click Here to take survey

Kind regards

Sarah Hammond

Student on the MA in Librarianship programme
Department of Information Studies
University of Sheffield
http://www.shef.ac.uk/is/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home